When we use glue board to trap rats sometimes we meet with many incidents. So, knowing the method to remove the rat trap glue is very important. The antidote to remove glue from anything is present in every home. Many people already know to remove trap glue from cooking oil and it is the easiest way from anything. Like a principle, oil dissolves the glue.
Removing Rat Trap Glue From Different Things:
- Removing Rat Trap glue from skin or hairs
- Removing Rat Trap Glue From Cloth, Wood, And Other Surfaces
- Removing Rat Trap Glue From Animals
1. Removing Rat Trap Glue From Skin Or Hairs:
Manufacturer of Glue trap J.T Eaton describes the easiest way to remove glue from skin and hairs:
- Pull the trap up very carefully and slowly because most of the glue should remain on the trap
- Spot the glue which remains on the skin with any oil (vegetable oil, olive oil, canola oil, mineral oil) And leave the oil on the skin for several minutes
- Rub the spotted area of the glue on the skin with a dry cloth
- If necessary, repeat this process to remove trap glue from hairs and skin and then wash it with water
2. Removing Rat Trap Glue From Cloth, Wood, And Other Surfaces:
It’s very easy to remove glue from any surface, clothes, and furniture. Just we need to make glue hard with the help of ice cubes. When the glue becomes hard scrap the glue off from the object. If we need to remove the glue from a very small object then it won’t be damaged by freezing the object in the freezer.
If we want to remove glue from the floor or other surfaces and furniture. Try to use any oil use turpentine and paint thinner or some other product. First, we need to observe the place from where we have to remove the glue trap. Let the oil (any solvent) sit on the surface for several minutes. And then use any wipes or dry clothes with the help of any detergent.
3. Removing Rat Trap Glue From Animals:
When any pet or non-target animal Traps into the Glue, a veterinarian’s attempt is good to use to avoid any injury to the animal. The nature of the trap is that the more an animal fights with the glue, the more stuck it is.
Must wear gloves before removing the glue trap from the animal’s skin, then need to calm the animal. Pour some oil on the surface where the animal is stuck. On one hand, you need to do a massage of the animal to keep him calm. You need a lot of quantity of oil to remove the trap. It will take a few minutes to remove the trap. If you want or it’s your pet then give an animal a soapy bath to remove all spots of glue from the skin.
Some Precautionary Measures We Need To Take Before Using The Glue Board Rat Trap:
- To avoid this scenario place the glue trap in some box or any Bait station so that pets don’t get hurt.
- Must wear gloves before usage and removing rat trap glue
- Wash your hands before and after usage of glue board rat trap
- Must inspect the glue board on daily basis to avoid the smell of the dead bodies of rats